1330 Elmhurst Drive NE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52402
Year Founded: 1928
President: Laurie Hamen, J.D.
Mount Mercy University
Housed on a hill nestled in Cedar Rapids’ historical Mound View neighborhood, Mount Mercy’s main campus is safe, charming, and full of life.
The university’s 1,800+ undergraduate and graduate students come from around the globe, creating a vibrant, diverse, and open-minded campus community.
The university’s accomplished faculty is easily accessible with a student/faculty ratio of 15:1.
Students are often involved in faculty-led research and career-oriented internships with local, national, and global organizations.
Focused on outcomes, 98% of MMU alumni are employed or in graduate school within nine months of graduation.
With 74% of alumni residing in Iowa and 44% living in Linn County, students have a close-knit network of professionals to engage with.
Distinctive Facts & Features
- Named a 2018-2019 College of Distinction based on engaged students, great teaching, vibrant communities, and successful outcomes.
- 100% of freshmen receive scholarships; 100% of eligible new students receive financial aid
- 98% of alumni are employed or in graduate school within nine months of graduation
- Summer 2019 debut of the Rinderknecht Athletic Center, a state-of-the-art wellness and athletic performance center; Fall 2017 debut of the Robert W. Plaster Athletic Complex, home to six of the university’s 18 intercollegiate athletic teams
- MMU recently announced the Martin-Herold College of Nursing & Health, which encompasses bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs in health care fields
- Founded in 1928 by the Sisters of Mercy, rooted in the Catholic intellectual tradition; all faiths welcome
- Male: 32%
- Female: 68%
- In-State Students: 87%
- Out-of-State Students: 13%
- Number of Undergraduate Majors: 44
Most Popular Majors
- Pre-Professional Programs: 10
- Tuition: $33,862
- Room & Board: $9,915
Financial Aid Data
- Students with Demonstrated Financial Need: 71.9%
- Average Financial Aid Package: $25,140
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 15 to 1
- Fewer than 20 Students: 66%
- Fewer than 50 Students: 99%
- Full-Time Faculty: 50%
- Full-Time Faculty with PhD/Terminal Degree: 63%
Athletics and Intramural Activities
- Athletic Division: A member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), competing in the Heart of America Athletic Conference
- 18 varsity athletic teams: baseball, softball, basketball (men’s and women’s), bowling (men’s and women’s), golf (men’s and women’s), soccer (men’s
and women’s), cross country (men’s and women’s), track and field (men’s and women’s), volleyball (men’s and women’s), competitive cheer (coed),
competitive dance (coed)
- 33% of the traditional student population are student-athletes
- Student Clubs and Organizations: 30+
- Award-winning volunteerism and service-learning programs
Request More Information About Mount Mercy University