1115 8th Ave
Grinnell, Iowa 50112
Year Founded: 1846
President: Raynard S. Kington, M.D., Ph.D.
Grinnell College is a highly selective, four-year, residential, liberal arts college in Grinnell, Iowa. Grinnell provides individually advised learning
for intellectually engaged students to produce graduates prepared to navigate the world's complexities and responsibly contribute to the common good.
Grinnell enrolls 1,700 students from around the world who earn B.A. degrees in a range of disciplines across the humanities, arts and sciences.
What’s different about Grinnell?
Grinnell requires only one class, the First-year Tutorial, outside the major. Students work closely with their faculty advisers to plan their individualized
curriculum. Every student is offered the opportunity to participate in research with mentoring from faculty.
Through service on committees related to academics and student life, students have a say in how things are done at Grinnell—this is self-governance
- Domestic students of color: 31%
- International students: 19%
- First-generation college students: 16%
- Students from Iowa: 9%
- Tuition & Fees: $52,392
- Room & board: $12,810
Financial Aid Data
- Grinnell meets 100% of demonstrated need
- 65% of entering students received need-based aid
- Average need-based aid package: $47,058
- Student-to-Faculty ratio: 9 to 1
- Average class size: 17
- Faculty with terminal degrees: 99%
- Persons of color: 22%
- Women: 47%
- Men: 53%
Athletics and Intramural Activities
- NCAA Division III
- Member of the Midwest Conference
- 33% of students are varsity athletes
- 150+ student clubs and organizations
- Students designate the spending of a $400,000 budget on concerts, films, clubs, etc.
Request More Information About Grinnell College