1501 Morningside Ave
Sioux City, Iowa 51106
Year Founded: 1894
President: Mr. John Reynders
Enrollment: Undergrad Enrollment: 1,212 Graduate Enrollment: 1,416
Morningside College is a private, four-year college located in Sioux City, Iowa, that provides an extraordinary, immersive experience that challenges
students to explore their interests and ideas, engage in a hands-on education, build authentic community, foster natural curiosity, and make an
impact in the world.
Morningside’s is known for helping students quickly become connected in its active campus setting. It is home to music, fine arts, 28 varsity sports,
political opportunities, volunteer groups, and many more activities that have an outstanding legacy of achievement. The college also offers a variety
of May Term and study abroad experiences that allow students to explore places and subjects they might not otherwise.
Undergraduate students at Morningside find the 13:1 student-faculty ratio not only provides an exceptional education environment, but affords them
unique opportunities to interact and research with professors. These practical, active learning opportunities and Morningside’s focus on helping
students acquire the skills and develop a zeal to be ethical leaders, engaged citizens, and lifelong learners have led both the U.S. News &
World Report and the Princeton Review to rank Morningside as one of the best colleges in the Midwest. Morningside also provides close to $20.7
million in scholarships and grants to 98.6% of undergraduate students.
Distinctive Facts & Features
- Morningside students are positioned for success, made evident by a 99% job or grad school placement rate the last four years.
- Sioux City, Iowa, is the fourth largest city in Iowa and an ideal setting for Morningside students. It provides a smaller urban experience that is culturally rich, lively yet quiet, and full of opportunities to fulfill students personally and professionally.
- Morningside belongs to the Great Plains Athletic Conference and offers 28 varsity sports that compete in the NAIA.
- Morningside’s largest majors include Agriculture and Food Studies, Biology, Business, Education, and Nursing.
- Morningside has had three Fulbright Award winners in the last five years, numerous conference and national tournament appearances, 77 Academic All-Americans since 2010, as well as many other athletic and academic recognitions that carry on Morningside’s long-standing tradition of excellence.
- Students, faculty, and staff provided 20,000+ volunteer and community service hours last year, which included more than 850 Morningside College students, faculty and staff participating in the annual “Into the Streets” campus-wide service day.
- Morningside offers an online bachelor’s degree completion program for non-traditional students. The program gives non-traditional students the opportunity to return to college and earn a bachelor’s degree in organizational management in 18 months or less.
- Morningside College offers a Master of Arts in Teaching and a Master of Science in Nursing on a convenient online learning platform to provide a means of advancement and the opportunity to grow in knowledge alongside industry professionals.
- Male: 50%
- Female: 50%
- In-State Students: 52%
- Out-of-State Students: 48%
- Number of Undergraduate Majors: 65 majors and pre-professional programs
Most Popular Majors
- Business & Accounting
- Tuition: $30,030
- Room & Board: $9,390
- Fees: $1,500
Financial Aid Data
- Students with Demonstrated Financial Need: 78%
- Average Financial Aid Package: $29,437
- Percent Need Met (Need-based Aid): 79%
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 13 to 1
- Athletic Division: NAIA, Great Plains Athletic Conference (GPAC)
- Students Participating in Sports Activities and Intramurals: 50%
Athletics and Intramural Activities
- Student Clubs and Organizations: 67
Request More Information About Morningside College