1220 1st Ave NE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52402
Year Founded: 1851
President: Dr. David McInally
Coe College is ranked among the top 20 percent of all colleges and universities in the nation, and the #15 school in the nation for internships according to The Princeton Review.
Founded in 1851, Coe is dedicated to providing students with a quality liberal arts education while preparing them for success in a global society.
All students are provided with opportunities for real-world experience and skill development tailored to their personal goals. Every decision made
at Coe is focused on the student experience and preparing students for success.
Distinctive Facts & Features
- SmartAsset ranked Coe the #1 college in the state of Iowa for return on investment.
- Over the past several years, Coe has completed $40 million in new and renovated spaces including the Athletic & Recreation Complex, Peterson Hall
of Science, Hickok Hall, the Learning Commons and more.
- The Center for Creativity & Careers connects students to Coe’s business partners and successful alumni located in the Cedar Rapids
Corridor and beyond. Students are paired with a community mentor as early as their first year.
- Nestled in one of America’s most prosperous mid-sized cities, Coe students benefit from internship opportunities. As well, Cedar Rapids has the lowest
unemployment rate for college graduates in any city in the nation.
- Coe was recently ranked 1st or 2nd among all colleges in our section in income mobility by the New York Times. This
is due in large part to 100% of students completing an internship, research or off-campus study program.
- For many years, nearly 100% of reporting Coe graduates have been employed or in graduate school within a year of graduation.
- Male %: 42%
- Female %: 58%
- In-State Students %: 47%
- Out-of-State Students %: 53%
- Number of Undergraduate Majors/Areas of Study: 60+
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration
- English/Creative Writing
- Health Professions
- Tuition and Fees: $45,589
- Room & Board: $9,820
Financial Aid Data
- Incoming Students that Received Financial Aid %: 99%
- Average Financial Aid Package for incoming students: $42,130
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 11:1
- Average Class Size: 16
- Classes taught by Teaching Assistants: 0
- Full-Time Faculty: 80+
- Full-Time Faculty with PhD/Terminal Degree: Over 90%
Athletics and Intramural Activities
- Athletic Division: NCAA Division III, American Rivers Conference
- Students Participating in Sports Activities: 35%
- Student Clubs & Organizations: 80+ (100+ if including collegiate sports teams)
- Student Involvement in co-curricular activities %: Over 90%
Request More Information About Coe College