1 University Place
Lamoni, Iowa 50140
Year Founded: 1895
President: Dr. Patricia Draves
Graceland University is a community dedicated to exceptional higher education. We are grounded in the liberal arts and dedicated to providing the progressive
academic needs of the 21st century student.
Founded in 1895, a private, four-year liberal arts university located in Lamoni, Iowa and features state-of-the-art performing arts and fitness facilities.
Graceland University’s main, residential campus is located in Lamoni, Iowa, about an hour south of Des Moines, spanning 170 acres in the rolling hills
of southern Iowa.
The Independence, Missouri campus was established in 1998 and offers online and residential programs in our School of Nursing, the Gleazer School of Education,
the C.H. Sandage School of Business and the Community of Christ Seminary. The Center for Graduate and Continuing Studies administers these programs.
Distinctive Facts & Features
- Nationally recognized and award winning nursing program and online master’s program.
- State-of-the-art performing arts building.
- The “House” System, basic unit of student life, is a unique program based on the principle of inclusion that recognizes the importance of each student
attending the university and celebrates the individuality of each person.
- Students from 20 foreign countries and 40 U.S. states attend Graceland on the Lamoni campus.
- Sponsored by Community of Christ
- Male: 51% (Fall 2018 Lamoni campus)
- Female: 49% (Fall 2018 Lamoni campus)
- In-State Students: 27% (Fall 2018 Lamoni campus)
- Out-of-State Students: 73% (Fall 2018 Lamoni campus)
- Number of Undergraduate Majors: 31
- Pre-professional Programs: 9
- Master’s Programs: 3
- Doctorate Programs: 1
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration
- Elementary Education
- Tuition: $29,750
- Room & Board: $9,100
Financial Aid Data
- Residential students that received aid of any type from any source: 99% (Fall 2018 undergraduate programs Lamoni campus)
- Average Financial Aid Package: $27,405 (Fall 2018 First-time, Full-time Freshman)
- Percent Need Met (Need-based Aid): 81% (Fall 2018 First-time, Full-time Freshman)
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 14 to 1 for all GU undergraduate programs, 14 to 1 for Lamoni campus (Fall 2018)
- Fewer than 20 Students: 62.9% (Fall 2018)
- Fewer than 50 Students: 98.2% (Fall 2018)
- Full-time Faculty: 54 faculty members (Lamoni Campus Fall 2018)
- Full-time Faculty with PhD/terminal Degree: 83% (Lamoni Campus Fall 2018)
Athletics and Intramural Activities
- Athletic Division: NAIA, Heart of America Athletic Conference
- Students Participating in Sports Activities: 66% (All student athletes, student coaches, and student managers Fall 2018)
- Student Clubs and Organizations: 44
Request More Information About Graceland University