1450 Alta Vista Street
Dubuque, Iowa 52001
Year Founded: 1839
President: Mr. Jim Collins
Loras College, Iowa’s first college, develops active learners, reflective thinkers, ethical decision makers and responsible contributors in their diverse
professional, social, and religious roles. Housed on a safe, scenic campus nestled high atop the majestic bluffs of the Mississippi River in Dubuque,
Iowa, Loras offers an array of academic programs, extracurricular offerings and opportunities for personal growth.
Loras consistently confirms its return on investment. Within one year of commencement, more than 98 percent of Loras baccalaureate graduates reported that
they are employed, pursuing graduate education or engaged in full-time service work. In addition, Loras ranks fourth in Iowa in student return on investment
according to an independent study and second in the nation for “Best Value” by an aggregate college resource provider.
Distinctive Facts & Features
- Top Catholic college in Iowa in College Consensus Best Catholic Colleges rankings.
- Ranks 11th out of the Top 100 baccalaureate colleges, according to the 2016 Washington Monthly College
- 13th Best Regional College, according to U.S. News Best Colleges
- Since 2009, Loras has earned a place on the President’s Honor Roll for Community Service, the highest federal recognition an institution of higher
education can receive.
- Money Magazine ranks Loras the seventh best college for receiving a merit scholarship. Loras is one of just three schools in Iowa to make the list.
- Lorus awarded $28 million worth of grants and scholarships to our undergraduates in 2016.
- 91 percent of its full-time hold the highest degree in their field.
- Male: 52%
- Female: 48%
- In-State Students: 43%
- Out-of-State: 57%
- Number of Undergraduate Majors: 40
Most Popular Majors
- Criminal Justice
- Social Work
- Tuition: $32,524
- Room & Board: $8,275
Financial Aid Data
- Students with Demonstrated Financial Need: 75%
- Average Financial Aid Package: $27,733
- Percent Need Met (Need-based Aid): 89%
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 12 to 1
- Full-time Faculty: 71%
- Full-time Faculty with PhD/terminal Degree: 91%
Athletics and Intramural Activities
- Athletic Division: NCAA Division III
- Students Participating in Sports Activities: 44%
- Student Clubs and Organizations: 80
Request More Information About Loras College