1220 1st Ave NE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52402
Year Founded: 1851
President: Dr. David McInally
Coe College is ranked among the top 20 percent of all colleges and universities in the nation, and is one of the fastest growing colleges in the Midwest.
Founded in 1851, Coe is dedicated to providing students with a quality liberal arts education while preparing them for success in a global society.
All students are provided with opportunities for real-world experience and skill development tailored to their personal goals. Every decision made
at Coe is focused on the student experience and preparing students for success.
Distinctive Facts & Features
- Coe welcomed 446 new full-time students in the fall of 2017, the largest class in Coe history.
- SmartAsset ranked Coe the #1 college in the state of Iowa for return on investment.
- Over the past five years, Coe has completed $40 million in new and renovated spaces including the Athletic & Recreation Complex, Peterson Hall
of Science, Hickok Hall and the Learning Commons.
- The newly established Center for Creativity & Careers connects students to Coe’s business partners and successful alumni located in the Cedar Rapids
Corridor and beyond. Students are paired with a community mentor as early as their first year.
- Nestled in one of America’s most prosperous mid-sized cities, Coe students benefit from internship opportunities. As well, Cedar Rapids has the lowest
unemployment rate for college graduates in any city in the nation.
- Coe was recently ranked 1st or 2nd among all colleges in our section in income mobility by the New York Times. This
is due in large part to 100% of students completing an internship, research or off-campus study program.
- For many years, nearly 100% of reporting Coe graduates have been employed or in graduate school within a year of graduation.
- Male %: 42%
- Female %: 58%
- In-State Students %: 47%
- Out-of-State Students %: 53%
- Number of Undergraduate Majors/Areas of Study: 60+
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration
- English/Creative Writing
- Health Professions
- Tuition and Fees: $44,050
- Room & Board: $9,480
Financial Aid Data
- Incoming Students that Received Financial Aid %: 99%
- Average Financial Aid Package: $38,500
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 11:1
- Average Class Size: 16
- Classes taught by Teaching Assistants: 0
- Full-Time Faculty: 86
- Full-Time Faculty with PhD/Terminal Degree: 93%
Athletics and Intramural Activities
- Athletic Division: NCAA Division III, Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (IIAC)
- Students Participating in Sports Activities: 35%
- Student Clubs & Organizations: 80+ (100+ if including collegiate sports teams)
- Student Involvement in co-curricular activities %: Over 90%
Request More Information About Coe College